Welcome to thunix!
We're so glad you could drop by and we hope you enjoy your visit. Stay a while! Feel free to inquire about what we have to offer and explore our services.
thunix offers Secure Shell (SSH) accounts, Web Hosting, Email Accounts, and many other services. But, most of all, we are a community of users. It was founded by hexhaxtron in the Summer of 2017, and was continued by amcclure and ubergeek since 2018. We aim to provide the best service possible with a wide variety of features, and we hope you have fun with it!
The thunix Phoenix project aims to provide a new user experience for shell users, with integration into the wider Tildeverse network.
If you want to sign up for an account, simply open our signup form and provide us with:
- Your contact name
- Your email address (so that we can contact you with login details)
- Your desired username (all lowercase, alphanumeric characters only, no spaces)
- How you heard about us and what interests you in thunix
- Your Public SSH Key
thunix tries to adhere to the values and philosophy of the Hacker Ethic whenever possible. The hacker ethics and beliefs as described by Levy are:
- Access to computers - and anything which might teach you something about the way the world works - should be unlimited and total. Always yield to the Hands-On Imperative!
- All information should be free
- Mistrust authority - promote decentralization
- Hackers should be judged by their hacking, not criteria such as degrees, age, race, sex, or position
- You can create art and beauty on a computer
- Computers can change your life for the better
thunix will never use proprietary software but users can do that if they wish. This is something they should avoid however.
If you want to help keep thunix running, please consider donating.