thunix terms of service
Nothing is without its rules and regulations; thunix is no exception. Below are the site's service terms. Everything in this page should be clear to everyone who wishes to use thunix's services; failure to abide by these terms can result in penalties such as service bans and may result in legal action against any offending users, depending on the severity of each case and any other individuals who may have been affected. Thunix may conduct investigations on any suspected violations, and we will cooperate with law enforcement agencies with their investigations. Be sure to read this page carefully and understand it.
You are responsibe for checking your local mail account from time to time. This email address is the only one we retain, and as such, any warnings and notices regarding your account, or service status will be sent to this account.
- Deliberately defacing the accounts of other users
- Deliberately trying to disrupt thunix's server
- Using thunix as a launch pad for disrupting other servers
- Using thunix to impersonate other websites and businesses for criminal purposes
- Storing/distributing pornography of any genre and medium (especially child pornography)
- Storing/distributing content that defames any individual
- Promoting racial, ethnic, religious, political and other forms of bigotry
- Use of slurs, derogatory language, promote, or otherwise show support for discriminatory ideas and behaviors
- Storing/distributing, promoting, or encouraging use of pirated/cracked software, license keys, license/registration circumvention programs, or any questionable programs/scripts that can risk causing unauthorized modifications, or disrupts network services for any programs or devices.
- Mining cryptocurrencies
- Spamming on any forums, mailing lists, irc channels, newsgroups, etc.
- Leaking or publishing any user's or individual's personal information without that person's consent.
- Use of inappropriate language within official documentation and resources for Thunix, such as manpages, wiki, etc.
Copyright infringement is not allowed on thunix, and we will not allow any illegal content to be distributed. It's also expected that all users respect the copyrights of those who produce original content of any kind and only share if the author or license grants you permission. Content hosted on accounts used for external file storage must also follow copyright law.
If you want to request for content you own the copyright for to be removed from thunix, please refer to our abuse reporting page. In the email, please identify who you are, if you are the copyright holder or legally representing them, the exact files you want removed with links to the files and infringed content, and contact information such as phone numbers or a reply-to email address.
The thunix administration team strives to keep our services a safe and welcoming place for all users. If any user on any thunix server, irc channel, newsgroup, forums, mailing lists, or other services/platforms expresses behaviours that violate rules 7 and/or 8, or makes the service feel unsafe, please contact the staff team as soon as possible, either by messaging the channel operators with BitBot's "!ops" command if on irc, or by using the abuse reporting page if on any other services. This behavior will (and shall) not be deemed acceptable by any thunix staff or members. This may result in a service ban, and a possible ban from the IRC network as a whole if the behaviour was on our irc channel(s).
Users that repeatedly violate the Terms of Service will have their account removed. Depending on the degree of the offense, their account may be removed immediately. These terms also apply to communication services such as forums, mailing lists, irc channels, newsgroups, and any other service either hosted on or used for thunix. If you come across anything that violates the terms of service, please let us know with the abuse reporting page.